Digital marketing is selling products and services through channels such as social media, SEO, email, and mobile apps.
The group of potential customers that are found online is larger than you are likely to be able to attract locally. Using digital marketing, you can reach an enormous audience cost-effectively directly through their smartphones, tablets and computers.
Some other benefits of digital marketing are:
- being able to interact with your prospects
- having the ability to reach a global marketplace putting your business directly into the hands of your target market
- saving money and reaching more customers for less money than traditional marketing methods
- getting to know your audience and allowing them to know you personally which can help to create brand loyalty
- tracking responses to your marketing efforts
Different Types of Digital Marketing
Okay here is a little bit of marketing jargon that you may see – explained for you.
- PPC or Pay-per-click: It’s a marketing strategy that will draw paid traffic to your business website. You pay every time your ad is clicked.
- Social Media: Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linked In and more. These platforms are used by businesses to promote their brand by creating valuable content.
- SEO: This is a marketing strategy that requires you to focus on increasing your website’s ranking to increase traffic. The higher your website ranks on Google’s SERP, the more you grow your brand.
- Content Marketing: A strategy that allows you to bring your customers valuable content instead of pitching them sales about their product. Content marketing focuses on value and creating content that will attract customers to your business.
- Video Marketing: Video is the most popular media distributed online. You can use video marketing to promote your brand or a product, show behind the scenes of your business, share stories, and testimonials – another way for your potential clients to get you to know you and your business.
- Email Marketing: One of the oldest forms of digital marketing that has one of the highest Returns on Investment (ROI). It involves sending out personalised emails to a target audience or your existing customers, and it can be very effective and cost-effective.