- Automated and scalable backup. You can easily set the backup to automatically run at your desired time and days so you can save time and eliminates manual backup hassles.
- Daily monitoring. Your data is secure and fully monitored 24/7 in the Orcon datacentre located in Auckland and notifications are sent if your backup is successful or failed.
- Fully scalable. Eliminates hardware and IT infrastructure costs. You are only paying for what you are using and you can increase or decrease your data usage whenever you want.
- Highest level of security. Your data is located at Orcon datacentre in Auckland and is replicated across the datacentre in Christchurch for increased security and reliability. Data is compressed, encrypted and securely transmitted to the datacentres.
- Instant data recovery. You can instantly recover any files or folders that were accidentally deleted.
Online Backup Plan Options
|Backup Plan||Storage||Price *||Module Pack**|
New Zealand Government Acts that may affect you
- Companies Act 1993
- Electronic Transactions Act 2002
- Financial Reporting Act 1993
- Financial Transactions Reporting Act 1996
- Goods and Services Tax Act 1985
- Income Tax Act 2007
- Public Audit Act 2001
- Public Finance Act 1989
- Reserve Bank Act 1989
- Securities Act 1978
- Tax Administration Act 1994
The Inland Revenue Department in New Zealand released an alert named RE 10/02 on December 12th 2010 relating to the use of Cloud Computing and storage of business data. To extract the relevant section, the alert warns New Zealand businesses; “It is the Commissioner’s view that only business records stored in data centres physically located in New Zealand will comply with the record keeping obligations in the Inland Revenue Acts. Taxpayers are responsible for ensuring they comply with their record keeping obligations. Therefore, taxpayers using a cloud computing service will need to be satisfied that all their business records will be stored in data centres located in New Zealand” http://www.ird.govt.nz/technical-tax/revenue-alerts/revenue-alert-ra1002.html
This means anyone using a cloud based accounting solution or storage of business financial data in an online storage location outside of New Zealand is technically in breach of IRD regulations.